Some of the possibilities available to Psychology majors in Washington DC:
- National Women's Health Network
- Children's National Medical Center
- American Counseling Association
- National Mental Health Association
- American Psychological Association
- Georgetown University Medical Center
- Nation's Voice on Mental Illness
- National Institutes of Health
- Institute for Mental Health Initiatives
- Advocates for Youth
Many UCD majors and minors incorporate credits earned while completing an internship and/or an independent research project. Students in some programs have been able to use their Washington Program Internship (WAS 192) and Research Seminar (WAS 199) credits as substitutions for their major or minor requirements.
Check with your advisor to see if you can do this as well!