How to Apply
Participation in the UC Davis Washington Program is contingent on acceptance into the program. In order to be considered, students must submit their application by the listed application deadlines. Consider the following application instructions as you begin your application process:
- To begin your application, you must first open the Application Page where you will be prompted to sign in to your student account if you aren't already signed in.
- Select the term for which you wish to apply. You may apply for more than one term at a given time, however, you will need to fill out an application for each term for which you would like to apply.
- Complete all required application sections. Remember that you can save your application at any time. We recommend that you save often.
- As you complete the experience and essay portions of the application, take your time and focus on presenting yourself in the most well-rounded way possible. The application review is a holistic process in which candidates are evaluated not only on their academic success and writing ability, but also on the impact their job, internship, volunteer experiences have had on their professional growth up to this point.
- A requirement for the program application is that you obtain a reference. This reference does not have to be affiliated with UC Davis (although, they may be), and should be someone who can speak to your abilities either professionally or academically. The Reference portion of the application requires that you input the name and email of at least one person who can provide you with a reference. We recommend that you speak with your potential referrer prior to including them on your application. After submitting your application, your referrer will be automatically contacted to provide a reference for you. Your referrer will be given the option to provide a letter of recommendation, a completed endorsement form, or a typed endorsement statement within the application system. Should your requested referrer decline to provide a reference, you will need to provide a different individual's name and email in order to request a referral per program application requirements.
- After all sections have been completed, and you have agreed to the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) agreement and completed the Student Judicial Affairs Office (SJA) acknowledgement, you may submit your application by clicking the Submit button. Your application will be reviewed in the weeks following the application deadline for the term for which you have applied and you will be notified via your UC Davis email regarding whether or not you have been accepted for your desired term. Should you be accepted, you will receive several emails regarding the upcoming process and program expectations.