How to Apply
Participation in the UC Davis Washington Program is contingent on acceptance into the program. In order to be considered, students must submit their application by the listed application deadlines. Consider the following application instructions as you begin your application process:
- To begin your application, you must first open the Application Page where you will be prompted to sign in to your student account.
- Select the term for which you wish to apply. You may apply for more than one term at a given time. However, you will need to fill out an application for each term for which you would like to apply.
- Complete all required application sections. Remember that you can save your application at any time. We recommend that you save the application often.
- As you complete the experience and essay portions of the application, take your time and focus on presenting yourself in the most well-rounded way possible. The application review is a holistic process in which candidates are evaluated not only on their academic success and writing ability, but also on the impact their jobs, internships, and volunteer experiences have had on their professional growth.
- For the program application, you are required to provide a reference. Your reference should be someone who can speak to your abilities either professionally or academically. They do not have to be affiliated with UC Davis. You must input the name and email of at least one person who can serve as a referrer. We recommend that you speak with your potential referrer prior to including them on your application. After submitting your application, your referrer will be automatically contacted to provide a written reference for you. Your referrer will be given the option to provide a letter of recommendation. Should your requested referrer decline to provide a reference, you will need to find a different referrer.
- After you have completed all sections of the application, including the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) agreement and the Student Judicial Affairs Office (SJA) acknowledgement, you may submit your application. Your application will be reviewed in the weeks following the application deadline for the term for which you have applied. You will be notified via your UC Davis email regarding whether or not you have been accepted.