Some of the possibilities available to Geology majors in Washington DC:
- American Geophysical Union
- American Rivers
- Center for International Environmental Law
- Inter-American Institute for Cooperation on Agriculture
- National Geographic Institute
- Smithsonian Institute
- U.S. Department of the Interior
- U.S. Environmental Protection Agency
- World Resources Institute
Many UCD majors and minors incorporate credits earned while completing an internship and/or an independent research project. Students in some programs have been able to use their Washington Program Internship (WAS 192) and Research Seminar (WAS 199) credits as substitutions for their major or minor requirements.
Check with your advisor to see if you can do this as well!