There are thousands of organizations that offer internships in DC. Here is a small list of internship opportunities available for Biological Sciences majors - and there are many more.
- Center for Science and the Public Interest
- Chemical and Biological Arms Control Institute
- Children's National Medical Center
- Children's National Medical Center- Infant and Toddler Mental Health Program
- Environmental Technology Industries
- Food and Drug Administration
- Georgetown University Medical Center
- James Martin Center for Nonproliferation Studies
- Marine Conservation Biology Institute
- National Academy of Sciences
- National Aquarium
- National Cancer Institute
- National Coalition to Save our Mall
- National Hispanic Medical Association
- National Science Foundation
- National Zoo
- The Hudson Institute
- U.S. Department of Agriculture
- World Wildlife Fund - Conservation Science Network
Many UCD majors and minors incorporate credits earned while completing an internship and/or an independent research project. Students in some programs have been able to use their Washington Program Internship (WAS 192) and Research Seminar (WAS 199) credits as substitutions for their major or minor requirements.
Check with your advisor to see if you can do this as well!