Some of the possibilities available to Plant Biology majors in Washington DC:
- National Science Foundation
- Center for Science and the Public Interest
- US Environmental Protection Agency
- National Academy of Sciences
- National Aquarium
- US Department of the Interior
- National Geographic Society
- US Department of Agriculture
- Washington Association of Wheat Growers
- American Farmland Trust
- Save America's Forests
- National Botanical Gardens
Many UCD majors and minors incorporate credits earned while completing an internship and/or an independent research project. Students in some programs have been able to use their Washington Program Internship (WAS 192) and Research Seminar (WAS 199) credits as substitutions for their major or minor requirements.
Check with your advisor to see if you can do this as well!