There are thousands of organizations that offer internships in DC. Here is a small list of internship opportunities available for Biochemistry and Molecular Biology majors - and there are many more.
- American Psychological Association
- Center for Science and the Public Interest
- Chemical and Biological Arms Control Institute
- Children's National Medical Center
- Consortium of Universities for Global health
- Food and Drug Administration
- Georgetown University Medical Center
- Jacobs Engineering Group
- National Academy of Sciences
- National Cancer Institute - Center for Cancer Research
- National Institutes of Health (NIH) - Center for Cancer Research
- National Institutes of Health - National Eye Institute
- National Science Foundation
- National Sleep Foundation
- U.S. Department of Agriculture
- U.S. Department of Commerce - International Trade Administration
Many UCD majors and minors incorporate credits earned while completing an internship and/or an independent research project. Students in some programs have been able to use their Washington Program Internship (WAS 192) and Research Seminar (WAS 199) credits as substitutions for their major or minor requirements.
Check with your advisor to see if you can do this as well!