Here is our template and some tips:
- If the internship posting does not tell you specifically what to use as your email subject line, use this format: “Application for [specific quarter and year] [internship position] at [XYZ company]”.
- Address the internship coordinator by name if possible.
- Briefly introduce yourself and restate what internship you are applying for.
- List all of the applicable application materials you have attached to your email.
- State what time you will be in Washington, DC and available for the internship.
- Thank them for their time and consideration, and say that you look forward to hearing from them.