Skip to main content
- Be sure to review the job description beforehand and look at the skills and qualifications required.
- Come up with concrete examples of how your past experiences, skills, and abilities align with the job description.
- Research the organization and know what they stand for.
- Inform yourself about any important details about the company, such as new services offered, news, etc. that could be mentioned in the interview – it is important to show that you have familiarised yourself with what is currently happening at the organization.
- Practice your answers to possible interview questions listed under the section "Commonly Asked Questions"
- It is best if you practice your answers with another person. This can be a friend or family member, but we are also able to offer you mock interviews by appointment.
- Do your best to speak slowly and clearly, and eliminate filler words such as “um,” “like,” and “you know”.
- Know that if an employer asks a question you were not prepared for, it is okay to take a second to think or ask for the question to be repeated.
- Be familiar with what is in your resume and cover letter – the interviewer will want to see consistency.