Some of the possibilities available to Native American Studies majors in Washington DC:
- Advocates for Youth
- Library of Congress
- National Archives
- National Congress of American Indians
- National Geographic Society
- National Museum of American History
- National Museum of Natural History
- National Museum of the Native American
- Self Reliance Foundation
- The White House Initiative for American Indian and Alaskan Native Education
- U.S. Department of the Interior
Many UCD majors and minors incorporate credits earned while completing an internship and/or an independent research project. Students in some programs have been able to use their Washington Program Internship (WAS 192) and Research Seminar (WAS 199) credits as substitutions for their major or minor requirements.
Check with your advisor to see if you can do this as well!