There are thousands of organizations that offer internships in DC. Here is a small list of internship opportunities available for Microbiology majors - and there are many more.
- Center for Science and the Public Interest
- Chemical and Biological Arms Control Institute
- Children's National Medical Center
- D.C. Department of Health
- Environmental Protection Agency
- Food and Drug Administration
- Georgetown University Medical Center
- Gryphon Scientific
- National Academy of Sciences
- National Institutes of Health}
- National Science Foundation
- U.S. Department of Health and Human Services
Many UCD majors and minors incorporate credits earned while completing an internship and/or an independent research project. Students in some programs have been able to use their Washington Program Internship (WAS 192) and Research Seminar (WAS 199) credits as substitutions for their major or minor requirements.
Check with your advisor to see if you can do this as well!