Some of the possibilities available to Mechanical Engineering majors in Washington DC:
- US Naval Observatory
- Voxiva, Inc.
- National Academy of Sciences
- US Department of Transportation
- US Department of Energy
- White House - Office of Science/Technology Policy
- National Air and Space Museum
- Jacobs Engineering Group
- Battelle, Inc.
- National Center for Advanced Technologies
Many UCD majors and minors incorporate credits earned while completing an internship and/or an independent research project. Students in some programs have been able to use their Washington Program Internship (WAS 192) and Research Seminar (WAS 199) credits as substitutions for their major or minor requirements.
Check with your advisor to see if you can do this as well!