Some of the possibilities available to Materials Science and Engineering majors in Washington DC:
- National Science Foundation
- Center for Science and the Public Interest
- National Building Museum
- National Academy of Sciences
- Chemical and Biological Arms Control Institute
- US Environmental Protection Agency
- Jacobs Engineering Group
- US Department of Transportation
Many UCD majors and minors incorporate credits earned while completing an internship and/or an independent research project. Students in some programs have been able to use their Washington Program Internship (WAS 192) and Research Seminar (WAS 199) credits as substitutions for their major or minor requirements.
Check with your advisor to see if you can do this as well!