There are thousands of organizations that offer internships in DC. Here is a small list of internship opportunities available for Marine and Coastal Science majors - and there are many more.
- Chesapeake Trust
- Climate Institute
- Conservation International
- Defenders of Wildlife
- Environmental Law Institute
- Green America
- National Defense University
- National Fish Wildlife Foundation
- National Oceanographic & Atmospheric Administration
- Natural Resources Defense Council
- Ocean, INC
- The Pew Charitable Trusts
- U.S. Environmental Protection Agency
- World Bank
- World Wildlife Fund
Many UCD majors and minors incorporate credits earned while completing an internship and/or an independent research project. Students in some programs have been able to use their Washington Program Internship (WAS 192) and Research Seminar (WAS 199) credits as substitutions for their major or minor requirements.
Check with your advisor to see if you can do this as well!