Some of the possibilities available to Linguistics majors in Washington DC:
- National Archives
- Georgetown University Medical Center
- Foreign Service Institute
- National Immigration Forum
- Commission on Security and Cooperation in Europe
- US Department of State
- Humanities Council of Washington DC
- National Association of Bilingual Education
- World Affairs Council
- European Council
Many UCD majors and minors incorporate credits earned while completing an internship and/or an independent research project. Students in some programs have been able to use their Washington Program Internship (WAS 192) and Research Seminar (WAS 199) credits as substitutions for their major or minor requirements.
Check with your advisor to see if you can do this as well!