Some of the possibilities available to Human Development majors in Washington DC:
- National Women's Health Network
- Childern's National Medical Center
- Zero to Three
- US Department of Education
- National Association for Gifted Children
- National Mental Health Association
- Fillmore Arts Center
- Elizabeth Glasser Pedriatric AIDS Foundation
- National Association for Bilingual Education
- American Psychological Association
- Advocates for Youth
- Children's Rights Council
Many UCD majors and minors incorporate credits earned while completing an internship and/or an independent research project. Students in some programs have been able to use their Washington Program Internship (WAS 192) and Research Seminar (WAS 199) credits as substitutions for their major or minor requirements.
Check with your advisor to see if you can do this as well!