Some of the possibilities available to Global Disease Biology majors in Washington DC:
- Children's National Medical Center
- National Heart, Lung & Blood Institute
- National Cancer Institute
- National Institutes of Health
- American Chemical Society
- American Public Health Association
- National Sleep Foundation
- Arthritis Foundation
- Genetic Alliance
- Peace Corps
Many UCD majors and minors incorporate credits earned while completing an internship and/or an independent research project. Students in some programs have been able to use their Washington Program Internship (WAS 192) and Research Seminar (WAS 199) credits as substitutions for their major or minor requirements.
Check with your advisor to see if you can do this as well!