There are thousands of organizations that offer internships in DC. Here is a small list of internship opportunities available for Genetics and Genomics majors - and there are many more.
- American Society of Clinical Oncology
- Armed Forces Institute of Pathology
- Arthritis Foundation
- California Healthcare Institute
- Center for Science and the Public Interest
- Children's National Medical Center
- Federal Bureau of Investigation
- Genetic Alliance - Genes in Life, Genetics and the Public’s Health
- Georgetown University Medical Center
- Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation
- National Academy of Sciences
- National Science Foundation
- NIH - National Human Genome Research Institute
- U.S. Department of Agriculture
Many UCD majors and minors incorporate credits earned while completing an internship and/or an independent research project. Students in some programs have been able to use their Washington Program Internship (WAS 192) and Research Seminar (WAS 199) credits as substitutions for their major or minor requirements.
Check with your advisor to see if you can do this as well!