Some of the possibilities available to Genetics and Genomics majors in Washington DC:
- National Science Foundation
- Center for Science and the Public Interest
- Children's National Medical Center
- National Academy of Sciences
- Armed Forces Institute of Pathology
- Georgetown University Medical Center
- US Department of Agriculture
- Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation
- American Society of Clinical Oncology
- Federal Bureau of Investigation
Many UCD majors and minors incorporate credits earned while completing an internship and/or an independent research project. Students in some programs have been able to use their Washington Program Internship (WAS 192) and Research Seminar (WAS 199) credits as substitutions for their major or minor requirements.
Check with your advisor to see if you can do this as well!