Some of the possibilities available to Fiber and Polymer Science majors in Washington DC:
- National Science Foundation
- US Trade and Development Agency
- National Academy of Sciences
- Battelle, Inc.
- Jacobs Engineering Group
- The Textile Museum
- Center for Science and the Public Interest
- US Environmental Protection Agency
- Chemical and Biological Arms Control Institute
- National Association of Manufacturers
- US Department of Transportation
- US Customs Service
Many UCD majors and minors incorporate credits earned while completing an internship and/or an independent research project. Students in some programs have been able to use their Washington Program Internship (WAS 192) and Research Seminar (WAS 199) credits as substitutions for their major or minor requirements.
Check with your advisor to see if you can do this as well!