Some of the possibilities available to Civil Engineering majors in Washington DC:
- National Science Foundation
- National Building Museum
- Voxiva, Inc.
- National Academy of Sciences
- US Department of Transportation
- Center for Science and the Public Interest
- National Low-Income Housing Coalition
- Urban Land Institute
- US Department of Housing and Urban Development
- Jacobs Engineering Group
- Surface Transportation Policy Project
Many UCD majors and minors incorporate credits earned while completing an internship and/or an independent research project. Students in some programs have been able to use their Washington Program Internship (WAS 192) and Research Seminar (WAS 199) credits as substitutions for their major or minor requirements.
Check with your advisor to see if you can do this as well!