Some of the possibilities available to Civil Engineering majors in Washington DC:
- American Chemical Society
- American Society for Engineering Education
- Center for Science and the Public Interest
- Howard University-Department Civil and Environmental Engineering
- Jacobs Engineering Group
- National Academy of Sciences
- National Building Museum
- National Low-Income Housing Coalition
- National Science Foundation
- Sierra Club
- Surface Transportation Policy Project
- U.S. Department of Education
- U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development
- U.S. Department of Transportation
- Urban Land Institute
- Voxiva, Inc.
Many UCD majors and minors incorporate credits earned while completing an internship and/or an independent research project. Students in some programs have been able to use their Washington Program Internship (WAS 192) and Research Seminar (WAS 199) credits as substitutions for their major or minor requirements.
Check with your advisor to see if you can do this as well!