Some of the possibilities available to Chicano/Chicana Studies majors in Washington DC:
- Council of Education
- Foundation for Defense of Democracies
- Latin American Youth Center
- Law Offices of Joel W. Anders
- Lawyers Committee for Civil Rights Under Law
- League of United Latin American Citizens
- Mexican American Legal Defense and Education Fund
- National Council of La Raza
- Smithsonian Associates - Latino Initiatives
- Washington Institute on Latin America
Many UCD majors and minors incorporate credits earned while completing an internship and/or an independent research project. Students in some programs have been able to use their Washington Program Internship (WAS 192) and Research Seminar (WAS 199) credits as substitutions for their major or minor requirements.
Check with your advisor to see if you can do this as well!