Some of the possibilities available to Chemistry majors in Washington DC:
- Battelle, Inc.
- Chemical and Biological Arms Control Institute
- Children's National Medical Center
- Food and Drug Administration
- Georgetown University Medical Center
- National Academy of Sciences
- National Institutes of Health (NIH) - Center for Cancer Research
- National Science Foundation
- U.S. Department of Agriculture
- U.S. Department of Energy
- U.S. Environmental Protection Agency
- U.S. Geological Survey
Many UCD majors and minors incorporate credits earned while completing an internship and/or an independent research project. Students in some programs have been able to use their Washington Program Internship (WAS 192) and Research Seminar (WAS 199) credits as substitutions for their major or minor requirements.
Check with your advisor to see if you can do this as well!