Some of the possibilities available to Cell Biology majors in Washington DC:
- National Science Foundation
- Center for Science and the Public Interest
- National Aquarium
- National Academy of Sciences
- Environmental Technology Industries
- Chemical and Biological Arms Control Institute
- Georgetown University Medical Center
- US Department of Agriculture
- Food and Drug Administration
- Marine Conservation Biology Institute
- National Zoo
- Children's National Medical Center
Many UCD majors and minors incorporate credits earned while completing an internship and/or an independent research project. Students in some programs have been able to use their Washington Program Internship (WAS 192) and Research Seminar (WAS 199) credits as substitutions for their major or minor requirements.
Check with your advisor to see if you can do this as well!