Some of the possibilities available to Biomedical Engineering majors in Washington DC:
- Battelle, Inc.
- Children's National Medical Center
- Food and Drug Administration
- Georgetown University Medical Center
- National Academy of Sciences
- National Institutes of Health
- National Science Foundation
- Sabin Vaccine Institute
- United Therapeutics
- Voxiva, Inc.
- Avalere Health LLC
- Boston Scientific Corporation
- Edwards Lifesciences LLC
- Medical Device Manufacturers Association
- Mikken Medical Devices, LLC
- New Hampshire Pharmacy & Medical Equipment
- Project Farma
- Stryker Corporation
- American Institute for Medical and Biological Engineering
- American Society of Biomechanics
- American Society for Engineering Education, Biomedical Engineering Division (ASEE BME)
- Biomedical Engineering Society (BMES)
- Association for the Advancement of Medical Instrumentation
- American Society of Mechanical Engineers, Bioengineering Division
Many UCD majors and minors incorporate credits earned while completing an internship and/or an independent research project. Students in some programs have been able to use their Washington Program Internship (WAS 192) and Research Seminar (WAS 199) credits as substitutions for their major or minor requirements.
Check with your advisor to see if you can do this as well!