Some of the possibilities available to Biomedical Engineering majors in Washington DC:
- Battelle, Inc.
- Children's National Medical Center
- Food and Drug Administration
- Georgetown University Medical Center
- Jacobs Engineering Group
- National Academy of Sciences
- National Institutes of Health
- National Science Foundation
- Sabin Vaccine Institute
- U.S. Department of Agriculture
- United Therapeutics
- Voxiva, Inc.
Many UCD majors and minors incorporate credits earned while completing an internship and/or an independent research project. Students in some programs have been able to use their Washington Program Internship (WAS 192) and Research Seminar (WAS 199) credits as substitutions for their major or minor requirements.
Check with your advisor to see if you can do this as well!