Some of the possibilities available to Animal Biology majors in Washington DC:
- Center for Science and the Public Interest
- Chemical and Biological Arms Control Institute
- Children's National Medical Center
- Environmental Technology Industries
- Food and Drug Administration
- Georgetown University Medical Center
- Marine Conservation Biology Institute
- National Academy of Sciences
- National Aquarium
- National Science Foundation
- National Zoo
- Smithsonian National History Museum
- U.S. Department of Agriculture
Many UCD majors and minors incorporate credits earned while completing an internship and/or an independent research project. Students in some programs have been able to use their Washington Program Internship (WAS 192) and Research Seminar (WAS 199) credits as substitutions for their major or minor requirements.
Check with your advisor to see if you can do this as well!