Some of the possibilities available to American Studies majors in Washington DC:
- Capital Children's Museum
- D.C. Mayor's Office - Emerging Leaders Program
- Hirshhorn Museum and Sculpture Garden
- Humanities Council of Washington D.C.
- International Arts and Artists
- Kennedy Center
- League of United Latin American Citizens (LULAC)
- Library of Congress
- Liveshots DC
- National Center for Missing or Exploited Children
- National Defense University Events Office
- National Endowment for the Arts
- National Gallery of Art
- Smithsonian Associates
- Smithsonian - Folkways Recording
- Smithsonian - National Museum of American History
- U.S. Department of Education
- U.S. Environmental Protection Agency - Department of Air and Radiation
Many UCD majors and minors incorporate credits earned while completing an internship and/or an independent research project. Students in some programs have been able to use their Washington Program Internship (WAS 192) and Research Seminar (WAS 199) credits as substitutions for their major or minor requirements.
Check with your advisor to see if you can do this as well!