- Washington Program Online Application
- Personal statement (in the online application)
- One letter of recommendation from a TA, professor, or supervisor
- An interview may be scheduled after your application has been submitted
For your convenience, we will print your UCD transcripts. However, you must also submit your transcripts from your home university and your TOEFL scores. These scores may be directly requested from your EAP office and sent directly to firstname.lastname@example.org. Keep in mind that you may only apply for the Fall, Winter, and Spring Quarters. The summer program is open only to degree-seeking international students participating in the Education Abroad Program (EAP).
Take steps to strengthen your application - it’s never too early to start!
Ways to improve your application:
- Form relationships with faculty members or supervisors who could attest to your academic and professional abilities in a letter of recommendation.
- Make sure your resume is well rounded by attaining leadership positions in extracurricular activities.
- Become a better candidate for DC internships by engaging in job, internship, or volunteer work.
- Network within your areas of interest through jobs, career fairs, and informational interviews with professionals of interest.
- Aim for a GPA of 3.0 or above to make yourself a more competitive applicant.
- Meet with your academic advisor to create a four year plan and determine how the Washington Program can fulfill major requirements.
- Revise your cover letter with the Internship and Career Center to enhance the maturity and sophistication of the document.
- Learn more about the Washington Program by attending info sessions, joining our listserv, and exploring our Pinterest page!
Keep in mind:
- Students must be enrolled full time at UC Davis during their quarter in DC.
- Seniors can enroll in the program during the summer quarter immediately following their graduation.
- Junior or Senior status (89.9 units) preferred, but not required.